The purpose of the Florida Behavioral Health Association is to be the recognized leader on behavioral health policy and practice and to support member agencies offering services to those in need of mental health and substance use disorder services and supports.
FBHA does the following:
- Provide forums for members to share best practices, innovative ideas, and educational materials so they can provide optimum care;
- Set and maintain high standards for the behavioral health industry in the delivery of care;
- Train professionals in the court system, criminal justice, health care industry and others about responding to the behavioral health needs of Floridians;
- Promote legislation, funding, and policies that recognize and advance the behavioral health system of prevention, treatment, and recovery for all Floridians;
- Provide the public with education and awareness about the importance of behavioral health and its positive impact on lives;
- Collaborate with other state and federal professional organizations to promote the advancement of the behavioral health industry; and
- Promote behavioral health care and its benefits to individuals with mental illness and substance use disorder.