As frontline organizations of the COVID-19 pandemic, you provide care to Floridians most in need. FBHA is here to support members with a webpage that includes the latest guidance, best practices, toolkits and policies to assist members during this challenging time.
- Unemployment assistance applications are being accepted by Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO). Apply for benefits online.
- The HUD Exchange Mailing List is providing frequent updates and guidance for the Continuum of Care programs and providers of housing and services for the homeless.
- Individuals needing to apply for food assistance (SNAP), cash assistance (TANF) or Medicaid, please go to Access Florida website.
- DCF: COVID-19 and Suicide Prevention
- Health Care Provider Background Screening
- AHCA Centralized website for COVID-19 Alerts
- FL DOH COVID-19 Website
- FL DOH COVID-19 Call Center (24/7): 1 (866) 779-6121 | COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
- FADAA COVID-19 Website
- CDC COVID-19 prevention strategies
- Florida Medicaid Web Portal COVID-19 Information for Providers
- CMS Current Emergencies Website and Virtual Toolkit website COVID-19
- SAMHSA COVID-19 Website includes guidance for Opioid Treatment programs
- NCBH COVID-19 Resources and Tools
- Use of Telemedicine While Providing Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- COVID-19 Public Health Emergency Response and 42 CFR Part 2 Guidance
- DEA is waiving Ryan Haight rules about in-person patient medical evaluation for duration of national emergency.
- HHS Office for Civil Rights (OCR) enforcement discretion on HIPAA to expedite the use of telehealth. OCR is providing guidance explaining how covered health care providers can use remote video communication products and offer telehealth to patients responsibly.
- Florida Blue Cross/Blue Shield “Free 24/7 Helpline to provider emotional support during COVID-19 Health Crisis” – no treatment, just a call line to assist with stress, anxiety, etc.
- Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation during an Infectious Disease Outbreak
- Guidance for People Who Use Substances – COVID-19 (Yale Program in Addiction Medicine, Global Health Justice Partnership, and Crackdown)
- Vital Strategies: Resources for drug use and COVID-19 risk reduction
Frequently Asked Questions
- CMS Released Medicaid and CHIP Agencies FAQs on COVID-19
- SAMHSA FAQs: Provision of Methadone and Buprenorphine for the Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder in the COVID-19 Emergency
- HRSA FAQs
- Sample OTP COVID-19 FAQs.
- Answering 20 Questions about COVID-19 (CDC Webinar)
- NCBH Town Hall QAs
- FL DOH: Who Should Get Tested?
- AHCA COVID-19 FAQs
- SAMSHA Training & Technical Assistance Related to COVID-19
- CDC: Resources Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to COVID-19
- CDC: Coronavirus Disease 2019 Situation Summary
- CDC: Guidance for Schools and Childcare
- CSTS: Discussing Coronavirus with Your Children
- CSTS: Fight COVID-19 with Better Sleep Health: A Guide for Hospital Workers
- CSTS: Finding the Right Words to Talk with Children and Teens about Coronavirus
- NCBH: Best Practices for Telehealth During COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- FL County Emergency Management County Website List
- NCTSN: Parent/ Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID 19)
- CDC: COVID -19: Manage Anxiety & Stress
- CDC: Taking Care of your Emotional Health
- CDC: Helping Children Cope with Emergencies
- SAMHSA: Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health During and Infectious Disease Outbreak: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: Taking Care of your mental health in the face of uncertainty
- National Association of School Psychologists: Talking to Children about COVID-19: A Parent Resource
- NAMI: COVID-19 Information and Resources
- WHO: Rolling updates on coronavirus disease
- Mental Health First Aid USA new resources available:
- How to Care for Yourself While Practicing Physical Distancing?
- How Do I Know Someone is Experiencing Anxiety or Depression?
- How to Help Someone with Anxiety or Depression During COVID-19?
- How to Support a Loved One Going Through a Tough Time During COVID-19?
- CMS Approves Florida’s Section 1135 waiver in response to the COVID-19 National Emergency and provides a wide variety of Medicaid flexibilities.
- The Families First Coronavirus Response Act requires certain employers to provide employees with expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. See the Department of Labor website for updates on employee rights and assistance.
- Short-term loans for small businesses impacted by COVID-19. Florida businesses can apply at BIZ.
- US SBA: COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application (500 employees or less
Taking Care of Your Mental Health During the COVOD-19 pandemic
If you’re feeling anxious or overwhelmed about the coronavirus, you are not alone. The first thing people should know is, what they are experiencing is normal, but if the feelings become too much for you to deal with on your own, there is help available.
Impact of COVID-19 on Mental Health Care: Perspectives from a Psychiatrist and Primary Care Provider on Access and Treatment
Wednesday, April 8, 2020 | 12pm ET | 9am PT
Dr. Madhukar Trivedi MD, Psychiatrist and PsychU Major Depressive Disorder Section Advisor, and Dr. Sloan Manning MD, Primary Care Physician and PsychU Primary Care Provider Corner Section Advisor, will discuss how the COVID-19 has impacted mental health care, not only access, but treatment as well.